Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Numbers

Dear Family and Friends,
     Just a quick update to let you know where we are.  We did not get the update on the cancer number until this afternoon.  It is still at 1.4, so it has not changed in a month.  A bit discouraging?  Yes...
But we just keep reminding ourselves this is just one of many battles, it is certainly not the end of the war.  We will keep on fighting. 
     Our oncologist plans to continue with the same chemo regimen through September.  If there is no change after that, she will make a decision about changing the chemo drugs.  We maintain our confidence in her; she is one of the foremost experts in Multiple Myeloma in the United States.
     Don has been working steadily through the month of August about 25 hours a week.  He is very thankful to be able to continue to work.  The pain has been manageable for the last couple of weeks, so we are especially grateful for that.  He is working on a blog post that he will publish shortly.
     Thank you for your continued prayers and expressions of love and concern.
Don and Marcie 

7 comments:

  1. As I write I am feeling so sorry that until only recently did I find your blog. Oh my dear friend, I am so sorry for what you are going through but so encouraged as I read your blog and see the courage that you have given others is now so evident in your own life. Today, marks 6 years of our loss that you walked beside us and gave us hope. You are a gift to all those you have touched and are touching on a daily basis. As I have read all your posts and comments, I am speechless as to what to say but please know I pray, and pray and pray for that peace that passes all understanding for you and your family. God's peace be stuck like glue on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While disappointed the number didn't get below "1" this time, I am grateful it did not increase. And an added blessing is that the pain has been more manageable lately. God knows the exact right timing for the stem cell transplant, and we trust Him to guide your oncologist! Also very grateful that you have been able to steadily work, Don. You are amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don and Marcie, our prayers and the knowledge that our God Heals, and meets all our needs according to His riches in Glory stands with you in this battle! Blessings, Ray & Sue Pluck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don & Marci, I too am sorry your numbers haven't fallen but like sweet Jacquelyn I am also happy they haven't gone any higher. We don't always understand why we go through these issues, why some do so well and others do not. I only know of one who knows the answers and the reasons for our trials. He also knows what is best for all of us and I believe his answers may not always be ours but he truly knows best, I trust him......I know you both do as well. So thankful your pain is not as bad and that you are managing to work through so much. Your Faith will see you through my friend and we all will be praying for you. Sending big hugs, love and many prayers......:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is still in control... I am still praying for your healing Don.... Praises that you still can work, and the enjoyment that brings.. Praises for that wonderful bride of yours and her continued strength. As you have walked with us Don, your friends are walking through this beside you .. even states away. God's peace to you , Patty Gould

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don and Marcie:
    You are always in my thought and prayers. Tom is doing well in Wheaton and is going to graduate this winter. After that he will go back to Taiwan to teach and serve the Lord. John is going to get married next month. Ray and I have moved to Akron in order to better serve the Lord. Thank you for keeping the good faith for us.
    We love you all. I went to CVCA and talked to them about bring international students from Taiwan which I had talked to Marcie before. I am glad I can help.
    Rose Sung

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray for you often, but when God brings you to my mind and heart I pray right then and there no matter where I am. He told me at 10:30 on Sunday morning as I was in the choir singing, and again at 11:30 during the service to pray for you. He is an on time God (we sing that in choir). In His time, because it is perfect, not our time.

    ReplyDelete