Thursday, December 20, 2012

ANSWERED PRAYER


Dear Friends and Family,

Writing this letter reminds me of how much people love us. The encouraging cards keep coming. The texts, e-mails, phone calls, (I'm really not up to face book), and my pastor stopping by for a visit. All of these ways to communicate, "We love you and we are praying for you!"  Well guess what? I actually believe God has answered prayer. I was in the hospital for my transplant for only 2 1/2 weeks after being told to expect 3 1/2 to 5 weeks. My good blood counts have come back at an astonishing rate (according to my doctors). I have not had any mouth sores or very much of the (you know what I'm talking about....don't make me spell it out) yes that stuff didn't go on as expected for abnormal bodily functions.

 I've been home now for nearly two weeks in which I've had the privilege of having my brother in law and mom over most days to "babysit" me.  I don't think I'll have this kind of time at home again for a long time.

 Overall I'm feeling better day by day and have had very little nausea.  So what do you think? Can we just pause here and give God a high five?

 I've been able to get back to work some from home; i.e. wrote a short article for EMERGE's web site following the massacre in Connecticut. Finally I've gotten the courage to look at e-mails (I know I better do this more often than sort through 2-3,000 mostly spam/junk..it takes a long time to go through them all to find the ones that really matter.) We have been blessed in every way imaginable and I praise God for all of you who take the time to read our blog.

 Don: Thanks to all of you who remember to ask how Marcie is doing. Frankly I wouldn't want to ever go through a trial like this without her. There really are no words adequate to describe the love and care for me  as she has done so selflessly.

Marcie:  I am so proud of my husband, for the courage and endurance with which he has faced the last 13 months.  Both of us praise the Lord who has enabled us to get through this one day at a time.  And we cannot put into words how thankful we are for all of you, the body of Christ, who have been His hands and feet.  We don't know what the future brings but we know that God is going to be with us every step of the way.    

 Love,

Don and Marcie


4 comments:

  1. Don and Marcie, you are walking the talk,as you always have. Your example in trusting God has been inspiring to me,and my brother and sister-in-law who became aquanted with you thru Chapel Hill Christian School.
    I can see that you are each others fan club...yes,Don,I agree with you about Marcie,being there with you every step of the way. She's a loving and very precious wife to you. Keeping you in my prayers,sue b.nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see you in church on Sunday! Giving God a high five with you! Praise Him from whom all blesssings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanking God WITH you - seeing just a bit of His glory through both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got to spend Christmas at home together with your family. Giving thanks to God for His faithfulness!! Have a blessed 2013!!

      Delete